Saving money while living life!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Where's the Beef : Recalled


I was watching the northwest news channel tonight and saw that Winco had recalled ground beef that they sold in styrofoam containers between March 28 and April 9 because the meat may have ecoli. The recall includes several states and of course Idaho is one of them.


Having thought that I bought some meat from Winco and frozen it around the same time as the recalled meat, I ran to my freezer to see what date it was marked. Yea you guessed it, right in the middle of the recalled dates on April 5. So what to do with the meat. I have never actually had the recalled food that they mention on TV. I then called my local Winco and talked to them about it. They told me to bring in the meat. I said but I don't have a receipt. They said not to worry they'll give me a full refund.



I'll be off to Winco in the morning. One more thing to do this week. One more thing to do tomarrow. Didn't Winco realize that I'm a busy mom with a million things to do? Really, someone should have realized that when they were tainting the meat with ecoli.



There is more information here at the Winco site about the recall but I found it more helpful just to google it.

No comments:

Post a Comment