Saving money while living life!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

To Eat Sausages or Not to Eat Sausages

Do you ever have moments when you realize that you and your husband have completely different tastes? That's what happened yesterday. Well, yesterday morning I talked to my super cool sister-in-law and she told me about a great deal on Jimmy Dean breakfast sausages at Winco. Although, it was a good deal, I was hankering to get to work on our yard and didn't really feel like grocery shopping, so I was going to skip it (at least for the day). But my husband, however had over heard our conversation and the moment he heard breakfast sausages I could tell by the look on his face that I would be shopping Winco that day. You see sausage is one of his favorite things to eat. On pizza, in casseroles, for breakfast, for dinner, anytime he would eat sausage. He was so excited. I on the other hand was less than moved. I normally hate it. I have to beg him to not get it on our pizzas and it makes me nauseous when I cook it for him. Lets just say it's way low on things that I like.
Isn't it so funny that my husband and I are so alike, but when it comes to some of our food tastes they are so different. I guess our differences are one of the things that gives a marriage spice (no food pun intended). I think that it would be really boring if I didn't have my weekly sausage disagreement. And my husbands absolute love of the food is kind of endearing (in a way).

With that said can you guess what we had for dinner last night? You were right sausages. (My husband cooked). While they were cooking they smelled kind of good and I tried some. I really liked them. Alright I know that I made a big stink about not liking them but in my defense I have never tried this particular brand because it is normally more than I am willing to pay for. They were the maple flavored and tasted mainly like maple so that could be why I didn't feel sick eating them. (or maybe my husband is rubbing off on me who knows).

So if any of you our there want to try the sausages that made a sausage hater reform here's the deal.

Winco
Jimmy Dean Heat and Serve Sausages 1.38
1.00 coupon RP 4/11
.38 plus tax

A big thanks to Carolyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment