Saving money while living life!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Night is Family Movie Night


My husband and I were watching TV together last night and there was a commercial for Walmart and P & G's presentation of Secrets of the Mountain. My husband (although in a slight sarcastic way) suggested that we watch it. I could only laugh (he knows I hate TV movies, it's just a quirk of mine). Plus, after watching the preview it looked a little too scary for my little ones. (We have been scared by Disney shows and I really like don't like to have children in my bed at night. It may be that I I enjoy having more than an inch of moving space but who knows. )
I liked the idea of a family movie night tonight though, so I have come up with a few options. Redbox or Netflicks.

Redbox has insainly cheap movie rentals. Only 1.00 per night and not having to go to a video store with my kids is right up my alley. The drawback is that new releases can be hard to get and on weekends there tend to be long lines. But if you sign up for their email alerts here then you can get codes for free rentals.

On another note my family subscribes to Netflicks. We get one movie in the mail a week and can stream hundreds of movies to our TV for only 9.00 per month. We love to stream movies and TV shows (a big screen and blueray player with Netflicks capabilities have been one of our greatest investments this winter). But since we watch it a lot there aren't a ton of movies that we haven't seen and they don't put on new ones on streaming as often as I would like.

So which one are we going to do? I'm not sure yet. It seems like too much work for just a movie. Maybe we'll go for a walk instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment