Saving money while living life!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Substitution For Ground Beef at Fred Meyer

I went to Fred Meyer to get the ground beef they have on sale this week for 1.68 lb sold in 3 lb packages. Unfortunately they were all out of it. I talked to the butcher and he said they were substituting the sale packages for the 80% lean meat 3lb package (too high of fat content for me) or the 85% extra lean meat in the 1 lb packages (smaller versions of what was on sale). I was excited about this because it is already portioned out for me. I am not sure if I am supposed to do this but I just left the meat in the wrapper and stuck it in the freezer. I have done this before and it has worked fine. It saved me so much time and I didn't have to factor in the cost of packaging it. So if your store is out I would ask and see if they are substituting it for the smaller version.




I bought 10 of the 1 lb packages.



No comments:

Post a Comment