Saving money while living life!

Monday, April 26, 2010

Today's Wags Trip And Regrets

Today I had a meeting with my mom's doctors so I thought that I would go to Walgreens before the appointment . I want to mention before I say any more that I am so tired today because my kids were up half the night (I'll explain why that is important in a minute).
I went to a total of 3 (yes 3) Wags trying to kill time before my appointment because I had thought it was about 45 minutes before it really was. It worked out because two of them were cleared out of some of the things that I really wanted.

With that all said here is what I did(please note there are a lot of transactions involved):

Transaction 1:



Plackers Dental Flossers Mint Flavor 2.00
Paid 2.12
Got back 2.00 Register Reward




Transaction 2:
1 Stayfree Maxi pad 2.99
1 Royal Pudding .39 (filler)

Used 1.00/1 stayfree coupon 4/25 SS
2.00 Register Reward from previous transaction
Paid: .59
Got 3.00 Register Reward



Transaction 3:
1 skintimate Shave Gel 2.99
1 Clearanced Calender .50 (filler)
Used 3.00 Register Reward from previous transaction
Paid: .70
Got 3.00 Register Reward



Then off to another Walgreens.

I was going to buy another shave gel and maxi pad but they were out. Note this is where being tired kicked in. I tried to buy some Hallmark cards that were the really small ones marked .60 each to see if the 5.00 Register Reward would print out but it did not work. So I returned it. When I returned them, I decided to buy some Hershey kisses that I thought would be able to get a free movie ticket with.
So here's what I bought:





Transaction 4:
4 Hershey kisses caramal 8.5 0z. 2.49
- 4.80 for return of cards
- 3.00 Register Reward from previous transaction
-2.00 In store coupon (.50/1 x 4)
Paid: .47

Being tired I didn't realize that in order to get the movie ticket the bags have to be the 10 oz. size. I figured this out when I got home and after my daughter had already ripped open and started eating some. I have never had luck returning things that I paid with a register reward, so I am just going to keep the candy. ( If I hide it then it possibly will make it to Christmas time and it will not be a total waste. Time will only tell.)

On to my third Wags trip.



Transaction 5:
1 Plackers dental flossers 2.00
Paid 2.12
Got 2.00 Register reward.







Transaction 6:
8 Halmark Cards .99 each
used 2.00 register reward from previous transaction
Paid: 6.40
Got 5.00 Register reward.

My total for the day at Walgreens was 17.20 and I have a 5.00 register reward to spend.

It was definitely way more than I was planning on spending with my biggest mistake trying to go to Walgreens on a small amount of sleep. Next time I will have at least 8 hours of sleep before I try so many transactions. Although I may never go back to Walgreens if I really stick to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment