Saving money while living life!

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Big Suprises: My Target Trip


After going to Target, I was left with my mouth open in shock. It was one of the best times I have ever had there. I was able to get all of the things that I wanted, I used coupons and the cashiers were even friendly. I feel like I have dropped into some type of a bizarre alternate world; being that it was the the exact opposite of every other time I have gone there. Perhaps all of the complaints that I have made with them finally have worked. Lets hope that it wasn't a one shot deal.

Here's the deals I did (the picture is above):

Transaction 1:
3 Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Cleaners 2.59
- (3) .75 scrubbling bubbles coupons SS 3/21
used 5.00 gift card wyb 3 scrubbing bubbles cleaners SS 4/11
Total: 5.52


Dial Hand Soap 1.49
-use .35 Dial Hand soap (unsure of date)
1.00 Dial Hand Soap Target coupon (home mailer)
Total: .14

I also bought a pair of shorts but it was more of an exchange because I had just returned a pair that was too small for my son.

Paid: 3.55 from a gift card that I had.
Final: 5.37 oop including price of shorts or 1.13 oop for just the new stuff I bought (this is the total I will use in my weekly budget because I had technically already paid for the shorts.)


Second Transaction:

3 Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Cleaners 2.59
- (3) .75 scrubbling bubbles coupons SS 3/21
used 5.00 gift card wyb 3 scrubbing bubbles cleaners SS 4/11
Total: 5.52
Paid with 5.00 gift card from previous transaction.

Final OOP: .37
plus I got back another 5.00 gift card to use later.

Me thinks that Target is starting to make up for their past mistakes.
It was a great trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment