Saving money while living life!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Target: A Love Hate Relationship

Oh Target, you always push me away and yet I still come back for more. There have been so many times that I have gone to Target in order to get a deal only to find out that they are out of stock of what I wanted. And if they do have what I want, then they treat me like a criminal for using coupons (I have left that store almost in tears many times).

So what is it that always seems to draw me back in? Why do I repeatedly go there only to be burned? Is is their cheap children's clothes or the snack bar with popcorn that I can bribe my kids with so that I can look around longer? To be honest I am not sure what brings me back. If it had been Walmart that treated me this bad I would be boycotting them ( I had a bad experince at Walmart awhile ago involving soda and a mean cashier. Lets just say that I didn't shop there for about 2 years because of it).

Well whatever the reason that I go back there, I will putting myself through it again this week. I have decided that I need to stock up on cleaner ( my supply is getting low). They have a great deal on Scrubbing bubbles cleaner that goes as follows:


Buy 3 Scrubbing Bubbles Cleaner 2.49
use three .75 coupons from SS 3/28
use the FREE Target $5 Giftcard wyb 3 Scrubbing Bubbles products from SS 4/11
Pay: 5.22
Get a 5.00 gift card
Then do it again.

I already have done this deal once last week, so I have a most of a 5.00 gift card left to start with.


My only hope is that they have some in stock. But as with most of my trips probably not. Maybe after this week I will stop giving in and avoid Target for awhile. Will I be strong enough to dodge their pull. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment