Saving money while living life!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Happiness Is Local Produce


Today is my grocery shopping day and it feels like this week is really slow as far as deals go. I just don't feel like anything is really catching my eye. Plus it makes me a little bummed when I have to pay full price for things that my family needs especially fresh produce that can't be stockpiled. And officially as of yesterday at lunch we are out of fresh fruit.

So am I going to suck it up and go to Winco or worse yet Walmart to buy it? Nope. I will be shopping at this cute local farmers store called Stonehenge Produce. For locals it is located on the corner of Fairview and Cloverdale in Boise and it looks like a white barn. I always get great deals on fresh stuff there. Their prices on products tend to change frequently depending on the season and what is in stock. I'll be posting a list of the best deals I find when I get back.

Even with a slow week just thinking of there great produce is making me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment