Saving money while living life!

Friday, April 16, 2010

FREE FREE FREE Fries Today at Jack in the Box

As I was posting my thoughts on family movie night I remembered seeing a commercial for free fries today at Jack in the Box. Upon remembering this I almost put my daughter in the car and hurried to the closest drive through window.

FREE, FREE, FREE was all I was thinking.

Then something occurred to me. I was rushing my out of house to get free "french fries". What do they cost maybe .99 each. And here I was ready to drive ten minutes to save a couple bucks and probably buy a couple of hamburgers while I was there. I might even have gotten a Diet Coke, why not I could justify it as I needed to have something to wash it down with.

The whole trip just seemed silly then. It seems that there are lots of promotions which might seem tempting (I mean free is always good right?). But the more I coupon and maybe it has to do with the older I get; it seems like nothing is really free. If I had gone there then I would have been spending money on gas, on extra food that I wasn't planning on buying, and on health care costs from digesting all the fat, salt and calories. Not really worth a .99 savings.

We had peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches instead. And I got to show my daughter how to spread peanut butter. We had a really fun time.

It like the old saying you get what you pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment