Saving money while living life!

Monday, August 2, 2010

No Eating Out In August Challange


My husband and I have been discussing for awhile ways to trim our budget. One way that we came up with is to not eat out as much as we do. It has been good in theory but hard to achieve in real life. Since the weather has been really hot neither of us have felt very much like cooking and our eating out budget has been blown consitantly. So we have decided to challenge ourselves to do significantly better on eating out throughout the month of August.
Here are the guidelines that we have set up:

1. Reduce our $20.00 a week budget for eating out to $10.00 a week. Putting the extra $10.00 into our Christmas fund.

2. Try to not eat out more than one time a week. (This is particularly going to be challenging for my husband because the people at his work love to eat out and he loves to go with them.)

3. Work or church related eating out that we do not pay for does not count.

4. We will track our progress daily and report back here. I am hoping this will motivate us since we are going to have more accountability to all of you.

Anyone else who would like to join in on the challenge feel free to. Of course you can change your guidelines to fit your situation. The main point is to do better than you already are. I would love to hear how you are doing if you decide to participate. Well good luck to all and I'll let you know how we did today in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Amanda,
    I am so glad to see this on your page. My husband and I are doing the same thing this month. We don't have a weekly allowance for it but at the end of the month it should be lower than last month for sure! Good Luck

    ReplyDelete