Saving money while living life!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Mommy Preschool


With my son starting school this week we have been talking about all the fun stuff he gets to do now that he is in second grade. Because of this my three year old daughter has been talking non stop about going to school also. To her brothers school in fact. After much discussion with her about not being old enough to go to regular school and since we can't afford to send her to a fancy preschool I am going to do a little Mommy preschool at home. I was going to do one with other Moms and switch off days of teaching but I just don't think that I want to give up my time with her just yet. So it is just going to be her and I.
I have been trying to come up with a few simple fun things we can do everyday for our "school". It has been much harder than I anticipated coming up with my own material. But this is the idea that I had. I think that we will focus on a theme like Zoo animals, transportation, ect... and then incoporate letters and shapes and other stuff like that into that theme. I found some great websites that I am going to use for ideas. These are my favorites:


FamilyEducation.com - has ideas for activities from birth up

PreschoolLearningOnline.com-has lots of lesson and theme ideas and coloring pages

Teachers.net- lots of lesson plans and advice from certified teachers

WholesomeToddlerFood.net
- this has a bunch of links to activity sheets and web sites for early learning ideas

These are just a few that I am using but really if you type in free preschool lesson plans or free preschool activities into any search engine then you will get tons of material. The hardest part for me is just sorting though all of it. I think it is worth is though because I know what my daughter is learning and I am able to spend the time with her. I did the same thing with my son when he was little and I really loved it. I think I am more excited than my daughter for Mommy Preschool to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment