Saving money while living life!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

From Idaho With Love: Day 2




Every day this week I am going to tell you about some of my favorite cheap family outings right here in Idaho. You see my husband has taken next week off for vacation. The catch is that we opted to not go anywhere far and to spend our vacation money on a new bed and couch (we desperately needed them. Our bed was a hand-me-down and was about 20+ years old and our couch well I can't tell you how many back aches I got from it.)
Since we are staying around here, I am in charge of coming up with fun things for us to do. I thought I would include all of you in my planning. All the places that I am going to tell you about my family loves and have a lot of fun at but don't break the bank.



Today I am going to tell you about is the Morrison Knudson Nature Center. Located at 600 South Walnut Boise it is a 4.6-acre fish and wildlife experience that features a mountain stream, waterfalls, and wetlands. There are multiple viewing windows for the kids to see how fish develop from tiny eggs into full-grown trout, whitefish, or kokanee. You’ll even see nesting geese, turtles, beavers, and wild ducks. The Center also has a large education building where kids can learn about all the different animals that make their home in Idaho.

The MK Nature Center also offers education programs year round for groups. Wildlife educators instruct students about Idaho wildlife and the importance of habitat with an informative lesson and guided walk along the Nature Center path.
They offer several programs first is thier Stream Walk Program which costs $1.50 per student and they also have Specialized Programs that cost $2.00 per student. Go here to find out more.

I personally have not been able to take my kids to these but have had many friends that have done it and have told me how awesome it is. I think that we will have to try this out next week. My kids love all things that have to do with animals. They are pretty excited to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment