Saving money while living life!

Friday, August 13, 2010

From Idaho With Love: Day 5



Every day this week I am going to tell you about some of my favorite cheap family outings right here in Idaho. You see my husband has taken next week off for vacation. The catch is that we opted to not go anywhere far and to spend our vacation money on a new bed and couch (we desperately needed them. Our bed was a hand-me-down and was about 20+ years old and our couch well I can't tell you how many back aches I got from it.)
Since we are staying around here, I am in charge of coming up with fun things for us to do. I thought I would include all of you in my planning. All the places that I am going to tell you about my family loves and have a lot of fun at but don't break the bank.





Today is my last day of doing these posts and I have a great one for you. It's the Discovery Center of Idaho located at131 Myrtle St., Boise . DCI is an interactive science center providing exhibits and educational programs that offer authentic, sensory experiences making the sciences, math and technology tangible. Imagine the possibilities. Explore the unexpected. Discover the wonder of science. Challenge your senses at the Discovery Center! See, touch and hear more than 130 hands-on science exhibits. You'll be surprised at what you can make happen . . . blow a 3-foot bubble, build an arch and capture your shadow.
The normal cost is:
General: $6.50
Seniors: $5.50
Children (3-17): $4.00
Members/Children 2 & under: Free

But from now until November 19th every Friday you can get in for FREE!
Yes free. We are so excited about this. In the past we had a membership and didn't use it enough to make it worth our while. We do love going there though and it's even better for free!


Go here to find out more and to see what their hours are.



If you want to get a free treat after doing all that science then I would suggest going to Arctic Circle for a free courtesy cone. They come in chocolate, vanilla or twist. They can also be dipped in chocolate, bubble gum or peanut butter. I suggest trying chocolate dipped in peanut butter. So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment