Saving money while living life!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Rite Aid Saga



I was really nervous about my Rite Aid trip this week.
I usually go to a certain Rite Aid that is about 25 minutes away.
However, I didn't have the time to drive out there so I decided to go to one I haven't been to before.

Here's what happened:



As I walked through the doors of the store I broke into a sweat.
Would they have the stuff I wanted? Would they accept all my coupons?
Would they give me a hard time and I would have to leave empty handed?

All these things were running through my mind.
I am sure I looked like a crazy person.

As I came to the shampoo isle it was obvious that others had been there to get the same deal.
The others were not greedy though and had left me the amount that I wanted.
At this point I breathed a small sigh of relief; half the battle was over.

They had what I wanted, but would they let me use my coupons to get it.

As I went to the cash register I again got very nervous.
The cashier did not look friendly.
I felt the odds greatly going against me.

He rang up my items.

Then the time of truth came.
Putting on my game face, I handed him my coupons.
I would be brave and show no fear.

One, two, three, four, five, six.
No Beeps!
No questioning!
No harassing!
Just a $1.38 please was all he said.

I pulled out my coin purse.
Victories like this are better paid in cash.

A thank you and have a good day.

As I made it out the door I still couldn't shake that nervous feeling.
Was the deal really that smooth?

Safe inside my car I could finally appreciated what I got.
I pulled out my receipt and smiled.
It was a good day to be a couponer.


Here's the deal I did:

5 Infusium 23 hair priducts $3.99
1 Fig Newton (eaten in the car by a 3 year old)
Total before coupons: $20.45
used 5 - $3.00/1 Infusium coupons
also 1- $5.00/$20.00 video values coupon

Total after coupons: $1.38


Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment