Saving money while living life!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Mom's Banana Bread Recipe




I don't mention it very often but my mother is suffering from dimentia.
She was diagnosed several years ago and has been digressing very rapidly.
I went to visit her yesterday and she was better than I had seen her in awhile.
As I visited with her she talked about things that she used to be able to do like baking.

My mom was the best cook that I have ever known. Just thinking about my childhood I have fond memories of my mom in the kitchen making us delicious things to eat.
She put her whole heart and all her love into the food she made for us.
I think that's probably why I love to cook and to share my favorite recipes with all of you.

Well all of this got me to thinking about one of my favorite recipes; mom's Banana Bread.
It is so yummy and full of all kinds of good memories for me.

So I am going to share it with you.
It is obviously one of my family's favorites and I hope that you will like it enough to make it one of yours.

Mom's Banana Bread

2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 large bananas mashed
1/4 teaspoon salt

Pre-heat oven to 350'.
Combine ingredients and mix.
Pour into a greased loaf pan.
Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

She served it warm with butter and lots of love.
I would suggest doing both!


No comments:

Post a Comment