Saving money while living life!

Friday, May 21, 2010

Guest Post "The Hand That Feeds You"

Amber over at Fabulessly Frugal had a few thoughts about Albertson's Twice the Value Coupons being used at Walmart and she says how I feel so perfectly.


"The Hand That Feeds You"

In my I-think-I’m-a-couponer-because-I’ve-clipped-a-coupon-and-then-watched-as-it-gets-crumpled-and-expires-in-the-bottom-of-my-purse days, I was a Walmart shopper. And why not? It truly was one-stop shopping. I could walk in for a loaf of bread and walk out with an ottoman, a fishing pole and a $2 copy of Overboard. The problem was/is I dislike everything about Walmart except their prices. Their customer service is awful, their cashiers worse and the store itself makes me crazy. I even hate the lighting. And then I leave with an ottoman, a fishing pole and a $2 copy of Overboard that I have no use for.

But I shopped there all the time because I didn’t know any different. And then I began to coupon. I pulled into Albertson’s parking lot and never looked back. Their stores were cleaner. Homey even. Their cashiers were friendlier. Their managers were readily available. And while I have had a few rotten experiences there, most of my overall shopping trips are actually enjoyable.

Now I’m sure you’ve heard that Walmart is now accepting Albertsons Twice the Value Coupons. And I’m sure many of you, eager to use 15 in ONE transaction, will be headed that way. I will not. Period.

Please don’t misunderstand. There is nothing illegal, unethical or immoral about it. You will certainly save money by taking advantage of this new policy, and we are obviously all about saving money here. But I would urge you to use caution. To look at the big picture.

Albertsons is bending over backwards to make their stores coupon friendly. As a corporation, they are really trying. And we are so grateful for all the opportunities they give us to save money. A LOT of money. Their profit margin shrinks each time we walk into their stores. But they do make money on us. And they need to continue to make money on us or couponing at Alberstons will be a thing of the past.

So while I will not be venturing back to Walmart anytime soon, I am not asking you to boycott the joint. I am, however, asking that if you choose to use Albertsons doublers at Walmart, you to continue to support Albertsons as well. Let’s not bite the hand that feeds us!


(A Great Big Thanks to Amber and all the ladies at Fabulessly Frugal!)


What does everyone else think about this?





No comments:

Post a Comment