Saving money while living life!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mom's Carrot Cake


If you have been reading my blog this week then you know that I have been inspired by my mom to post some of her best recipes.
Today is my families all time favorite recipe of my mom's.
She would make this cake for special occasions and my husband has me make it for him on his birthday every year.
It is so yummy!

Mom's Carrot Cake


Ingredient:

2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped nuts
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups oil
4 eggs
2 cups grated carrots
1 (8 1/2 oz.) can crushed pineapple (drained)

Mix dry ingredients together. Add oil and eggs, mix well. Add carrots, drained pineapple and nuts.
Bake: 350' in a greased 13x9 inch pan for 50 minutes.
Let cool before frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting:
Cream 1 8 oz. package cream cheese and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1 pound powdered sugar.

Cake best served cold from refrigerator.




No comments:

Post a Comment