Saving money while living life!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mom's Sugar Cookies




I love cookies.
I remember my mom making cookies all the time. In fact homemade cookies were my all time favorite after school snack. I don't ever remember having store bought cookies (the only ones we ever had were from my Girl Scout troop but I don't count those) in our home. Actually the first time that I had a Chips Ahoy cookie I was about 11, and I thought that it was the grossest thing ever. I still can't see the reason why people buy their cookies in pre-made packages, to me a "real" cookie is homemade.
It seemed that we always had a batch of fresh baked cookies in our house and the smell of cookies baking makes me feel at home.


Mom's Sugar Cookies




Ingredients:

4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla




Mix wet ingredients together. Then add dry. Chill in fridge 30 min. Roll out and cut into desired shapes (my mom always used a glass drinking cup dipped in flour). Refrigerate another 10 minutes. Bake in 350' preheated oven 8-10 minutes. Let cool before frosting.







No comments:

Post a Comment