Saving money while living life!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Patriotic Trifle!

For years I have wanted to make a Trifle.
Just the name sounds so delicious.

However you have to use a big clear container to make it look good. So this year I decided that I am just doing it and I bought this container. (It's going to be for our family Independence Day BBQ.)




I am so excited, it's like Christmas. (I never buy stuff that I want more than need).
I got the container for $7.99 at Marshalls. I am pretty sure that it isn't made for a Trifle but I swear I couldn't find a real Trifle container anywhere in Boise.
I am going to layer Sour Cream Short Cake, it's like pound cake (get my recipe here), berries (blueberries and strawberries) and a combination of vanilla pudding and whipped cream. Fingers crossed it should look something like this when I am done.



I will try and take a picture and post it after I make it.

Doesn't it look so good?


On a side note this is definitely not a thrifty dessert. I shudder to think of how much the berries are going to be. This however is one of the reason's that I coupon; I save money on other things that I need so that occasionally I can splurge on things like this.





No comments:

Post a Comment