Saving money while living life!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Albertson's Trip and a Great Find


I went to Albertson's this morning to use my doublers. I left the house all excited to get some great deals. When I finally reached the store that excitement faded into a complete lack of interest. If we lived closer to an Albertson's I probably would have gone home. But since I was there I went in (to justify the gas it took to get there) and you know what I am so glad that I did.
I was able to get almost all the things that I wanted and a couple of suprise deals.
Here's what I did:



8-2 packs Scotch Brite No Scratch Scrubbers $1.89 each
used $1.00/2 Scotch Multipack 7/11 SS (one for every 2 packs I bought)
used 1- doubler per coupon
final: Free


Dawn Hand Renewal Dish Detergent $1.99
used $1.00/1 Hand Renewal from P&G Home solutions home mailer
1-doubler
final: free

3- Dentine Gum $1.39 each
used $1.00/1 from 6/13 SS (one for each pack)
used 1 doubler per coupon
final: free

2 Crest Toothpaste $1.50 each (they ran out of the size on sale so they let me get the larger one for the same price)
used $.75/1 from 7/4 PG (one for each)
used 1 doubler per coupon
final: free

And a Few Deals I wasn't exspecting:

There is a catalina printing on P&G products buy 3 selected items get $5.00 catalina. Well Herbal Essence is part of that deal. I had heard that the trial size were possibly triggering the catalina so this is what I did.

3 Herbal Essence Trial Size Shampoo and Conditioners $1.29 each
Paid: $3.87 plus tax
Got $5.00 catalina

I did this twice.

They also had Taco Bell 12 count taco shells priced at $1.00 with $.50/1 peelie coupons on them.
I doubled the coupons and got 4 for free. I am not sure if these were just at the store I went to or not. I was at the Overland and Orchard store in Boise and they had about 5-6 left when I left.

I also bought the milk (normally $2.19) with one of my $5.00 catalinas.

Out of pocket I spent $4.77 for everything and I still have a $5.00 catalina and a $2.00 survey left to spend next time. Making money sure did perk up my enthusiasm for shopping.



No comments:

Post a Comment