Saving money while living life!

Monday, November 15, 2010

My First Bountiful Basket


I am so excited about my first Bountiful Basket that I got on Saturday. It was full of so many great things. (The picture is really bad because it was taken on a phone). This is what I got:

5 lb. Bag Potatoes
Bag full of Brussel Sprouts
7 bananas
7 medium size pears
7 Honey Crisp Apples
1 Head of Lettuce
1 Acorn Squash
1 large Stalk Celery
7 Corn on Cob
6 Persimmons
8 Tangerines
2-3 lbs. Grapes

For all of this it cost $16.50 ($15.00 for basket and $1.50 processing fee). Plus since it was my first time getting one, I had to pay a one time fee of $3.00. If I were to buy it at the regular store (even with sales) it would have cost me at least $30.00. So getting it for $19.50 is a sweet deal. Especially for fresh produce. Also most of it is stuff that we already eat; except the persimmons which we have already tried and love.(you eat them like an apple).

If you haven't tried them before Bountiful Baskets is a food co-op. It is normally half fruit and half vegetables. You do have to have a credit or debit card to get it and there is a specific time that you have to pick it up or it gets donated to the food bank. When picking it up you need to bring a container of some sort of your own to carry it home in. You can learn more about it on there website here.

Today at 12pm is when you can start ordering and Tuesday night is the deadline. If you do decide to buy one I would do it early as spots tend to fill up quickly. I can't wait until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment