Saving money while living life!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Birthday Cake!

(No there's nothing wrong with your computer I just couldn't get the picture to rotate)

This week was my Birthday and normally I let my husband get me a cake. This year however I have been watching a lot of the show "Cake Boss" and was really excited to make my own birthday cake. I also wanted to try my hand at making fondant. Since it is a cake just for my small family I decided to not make it very big. I think that it turned out pretty well considering I had about a million interruptions while trying to make it. It was supposed to look zebra stripped but somehow it turned out more dalmatian. I am just going to call it animalish print.

I made the cake part (sour cream pound cake) from scratch which cost me about $.50 for all the ingredients. Since I had to buy stuff to make the fondant it cost me about$3.00 to make and the frosting for the inside cost about $.28. So for a fancy and yummy I might add cake it only cost around $3.78. Not too shabby since the cheapest already make cake at most stores costs over $5.00.

I had a lot of fun making this cake. Now only if we had more reasons to make cakes then I could try even more fun ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment